Each year millions of visitors from across the globe travel to the UK. Research shows that over 40 million people visited the UK each year between 2017 and 2019. A total of 1,115,155 visas were granted during the year ending September 2021.
Whether you are planning to travel to the UK for a visit, or to study, or work, it is always crucial to check if you will require a visa. Getting your visa application started early gives you the best chance of getting it approved before you need to travel.
Are You Applying for a UK Visa?
Are you about to start the process of applying for a travel visa to visit the UK? Or, maybe you have already started your application but have run into a few problems. Either way, you have likely already discovered that the visa application process can be pretty complicated and confusing.
Making a visa application can be a stressful process. You may feel uncertain about how the application will work and what you need to do to have the best chance of being granted a visa. If English is not your first language, working your way through the application and meeting all the necessary requirements can be challenging.
There are many strict guidelines that need to be followed when completing your UK visa application. Being aware of these guidelines and adhering to them strictly is essential to ensure that your application has the best chance of success.
The best thing you can do when applying for your visa is to ensure that you have all the relevant documents. It is also essential that your documents meet the requirements set out by the UK government. This is where we can help.
Preparing Your Supporting Documents for Your UK Visa
To obtain a UK visa, you need to supply documents that prove you are visiting the UK for a permitted activity. Your documentation will also need to confirm that you plan to leave the UK at the end of your visit and that you have the means to be able to do this.
As well as providing evidence that you can cover the cost of your onward journey at the end of your trip, you also need to prove that you have enough funds for your trip itself. Showing that you can pay to support yourself and your dependents throughout your visit to the UK is also one of the requirements.
Gathering these supporting documents together and then checking whether they meet the requirements will help you to prepare for your UK visa application fully.
Examples of documents that you will need to provide include the following:
- Your passport will need at least one blank page available
- Documents that detail your personal circumstances. This includes details of your employment in your home country, any invitations from the organisation that you are visiting or working with in the UK, confirmation of your legal residence, bank statements, past passports and travel documents.
- If you are travelling into the UK for paid engagements, to study, or for research purposes, you will need to provide proof of this from your educational institution, your sponsor, or the organisation that invited you to the UK.
- If you are coming to the UK for private medical treatment, you will need to provide a letter from either your doctor or consultant. The letter should give details of your condition and treatment, where it will take place and the estimated cost.
UK Visa Translation Requirements
While supplying the supporting documents for your visa application is essential, it is crucial that they have also been translated.
Unless your supporting documents are written in either English or Welsh, you will need to provide a complete translation of each document. The translations should be supplied with the supporting documents.
How to Translate Your Documents for Your UK Visa Application
While providing a translation of each of your supporting documents is essential, you must also ensure that it meets specific requirements.
You will need to check that you supply a complete translation of your documents. This is important as the translation of your supporting documents will be independently verified by the Home Office. When you submit the translations of your supporting documents, they must contain the following:
- The full name and signature of the translator
- The date that the translation was made
- The contact details of the translator
- The translator must also provide confirmation that the translation they have provided is an accurate description of the original document.
Why Choose Our UK Visa Document Translation Service?
As you can see, providing supporting evidence to accompany your UK visa application is essential. But, providing a full and complete translation of these documents is equally crucial.
At The Language Connection, we can provide a full document translation service. Whether you are planning to apply for a UK visa so you can work in London, Birmingham or Manchester, or you wish to visit family and friends, we are here to help.
Here are some of the reasons that our customers choose us for all their translation needs:
- Fast turnaround of your documents. We will get to work on your translations quickly for you so that you can submit your documents as soon as possible.
- Our document translation service offers excellent value for money, so you won’t need to overpay to benefit from a professional translation service.
- You can be assured that we provide the highest level of service possible to ensure accuracy of your translations.
- We have the expertise and knowledge to provide translations in many different languages. In fact, our team can translate more than 150 different languages. If you do not find the language that you need listed on our site, simply get in touch. The chances are that we can accommodate your needs and provide the translation for you.
Contact Us Today
We have offices conveniently located in London and Birmingham, and we are ready and waiting to help you with all your translation needs.